Friday, May 01, 2009

Focus and Laughs, kids in their elements


I remember being four. I remember going to the YMCA back in my home town with my pink ballet outfit on ready to become a star.  I remember this. Not the whole thing, but I remember the feelings, the excitement of standing in the hallway waiting to enter the gym for the first time. I remember my teacher telling me to stand straight, arms out, up and down and whole bunch of other things that I couldn't figure out like the other girls could. I got frustrated. I quit. That was that.. and I was four. 

Ellen... has been practicing and performing ballet since she was three! She loves it... she told me so. She is GREAT at it.  She is a star.  Ellen is now 10 and is a pretty amazing girl.  Here are some images of Ellen in her Dance Studio.





look at that focus!

Another pretty amazing kid is her brother Bailey. He is almost 14 and plays for the Campbell River Soccer Rep Team. He broke out in some tricks for me and we got some great shots. All in all this was a very entertaining shoot for me. 

what a pro!


loved when he broke out in handstands!




Do you think mom and daughter look just a TINY bit alike?

Thanks for calling me up Tonya, I hope we created a great birthday present. 
A special thanks to Ellen's ballet teacher Jen for letting us use her studio and for her awesome help last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment