Thursday, April 30, 2009

Photography + Wonderful Subjects = Happy me


I was not born and raised in Campbell River. I moved here with only one friend on the island.  I took a chance and ended up falling in love. Aww... 

Since then and since starting my photography business, I have met some pretty amazing people.  I am blessed every time I get a phone call or an email asking me to take photos of peoples lives.  I am thankful to live in such a beautiful town. 

EVERY time I get ready, I get all my lenses cleaned, pack up extra batteries, get ideas in my head of different poses, different ideas, my mind starts to spin. I jump in my car and turn on some tunes to keep the inspiration going and pull up to the place the clients and I agree to meet at. 

Then, all of the ideas I had, the thoughts of how the hour is going to go, disappears from my mind and I forget everything I was going to do. It's like new inspiration pops into my head as soon as I meet the person or people I am about to photograph.  It's really a cool way to get some neat photos and I thoroughly enjoy it every time. 

I always meet a new friend too.  It's strange how small this world can be and how supportive folks are.  

Here are some images from a great gal and a great guy Dionne and Tom. Dionne knows friends of my friends and she is a super sweet and beautiful girl to photograph. Her fiance Tom is equally great and their dog Henna super cute... I am VERY excited about photographing this wedding. I can tell Dionne and Tom are truly great friends and these photos show that love and friendship.  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. 

More posts soon!







4 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow...I am speechless...these are so great! I don't even know these people, but the pictures are amazing and the background is spectacular!

Unknown said...

I do know these people, my daughter Dionne and my new son Tom. Wow, you did an amazing job of capturing them. Cumby must have been a fun place to shoot as there are so many available places.

Dionne said...

Tanya these are incredible!!! I cannot get over how much fun we had shooting these photos. You really made Tom and I feel so comfortable... and I love that we shot these in places that we visit everyday, you really have a way of capturing beauty!

Tanya Wood said...

Thanks everyone, you made my day. I had a blast with the both of you Dionne! Glad I got to capture you in your element. :)

Post a Comment